Wednesday, March 21, 2007

OOPS! Another problem to fix!
A Jacksonville Fire Department boat went through the "mimimum wake zone" here and created a huge wake which damaged our "sea stairs", which ars boarding steps that attach to the boat and roll back and forth on the dock with the waves or tide changes. The problem is that the wake was so big that it lifted our boat up above the docks and the sea stairs were pulled off the edge of the dock and then the up and down action of the next few big waves from that wake beat the stairs against the dock and completely destroyed them. The stairs are actually bent backwards and turned inside out.

I called the JFD and they came and also got a Fish and Game officer to fill out a wake damage report. A lieutenant from the JFD assured me that I could just buy a new sea stairs and the city of Jacksonville would cover that and the paint scrapes also done by the stairs. I ordered new seastairs today and I have the phone number of the city's insurance adjuster. I sure hope it works!

No comments: