Sunday, August 05, 2007

Oops! Cruise-us Interruptus!

While in Traverse City, Kathy got a call from Dallas that her mother needed bypass surgery, so she's going to Dallas today (Sunday). We checked flights from Traverse City to Ohare and they all cost $1,000 or more on one day's notice, so I just drove her home in our rental car. We only have our slip and the rental car through tomorrow (Monday), so Daisy and I are driving back to Traverse City, MI tomorrow (Monday) to continue running the boat down the East side of Lake Michigan. I'm confident that I can solo the boat OK as long as I'm just going from marina to marina where there are dock hands to catch a line when I come in. It just takes more fender and line preparation and a complete understanding of the docks and conditions before I try to dock the boat. Once I'm in open water, I can run it easily to the next town.

Kathy plans on coming back Saturday (her mother's surgery is Monday), but you know how these things go. Sometimes things change. Hopefully, she'll be back soon and can finish the trip with us as planned. Our prayers are with Norma and her family both tomorrow and as she recovers.

Daisy loved being home again. She has learned to be a good boat dog, but she's happier at home with an acre of grass and trees, squirrels and chipmunks to chase adn her own dog door to come and go as she pleases.

No comments: