Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Not much to blog about here in Aventura, FL. Kathy's visiting her family in Texas. Temps are great for working on the boat (mid 70s). I Walk Daisy a lot. There will probably be a lull in anything interesting for the blogging here for a while unless I think of something worth discussing.

Last night, I watched Flags of Our Fathers (Clint Eastwood's award winning movie along with Letters From Iwo Jima) - somewhat gory at times but it goes way past the action scenes and portrays the feelings of the men and the times. It brings home his point well about what heroes really are by the ending soliloquey, IMHO.

I had olive bread for lunch from Paul's, a nearby and excellent french bakery. Olive bread and a bottle of Coke makes a great lunch. Their olive loaf is shaped like this because it increases the ratio of great crust to bread and you can rip off a dinner roll sized hunk and it doesn't expose very much of the inside bread to the air to dry out. Of course, that doesn't matter much when you eat almost the whole thing for lunch.

Jim Grove (a Hatteras Owner's Forum friend) called because he's in town to ready his boat Fanfare for their trip to the Bahamas, and we're going out to a sushi dinner tonight. He's here working on his boat and his wife, Dudley, is coming soon. It does it seem like the guy always does the "fix the boat" work, except in Angela's case (another nice Hatt Forum member).


When you're in saltwater, you find out that stainless steel isn't......there's some kind of rust looking stuff that develops on the surface like this. It isn't rust, but it looks like it and develops where there are microscopic pits of the surface, I believe.

You get it off with "NeverDull" and a lot of elbow grease. You also find out that NeverDull does..... it has a waxy substance which is suppposed to be cleaned off after using it, which I did. 3 hours later, it's dull again but shines up great with a dry cloth. I'll let it dry overnight on the many other places I need to use it.

And Kathy..... yes I do wash Daisy's food and water bowls before I feed her every morning. I think that maybe Kathy thinks I won't even feed Daisy unless I'm reminded. In reality, the empty bowls are there on the aft deck when I eat breakfast, so they remind me. Oops! Oh, yeah..... I guess Daisy actually always does get fed second every morning.

No comments: