Monday, February 26, 2007

Friends came visiting on Nonchalance yesterday.

Bill & Jane Stone (their boat is named "Loose Stones") were coming near here to see another friend near here so they stopped by for Sunday Brunch on their way. I got pasteries and rolls from Paul, my favorite local french bakery. I also made coffee. Who says I can't cook? We met Bill and Jane on the Ohio river while they were on the last leg of their Great Loop Route, which they have since completed.

Daisy forgot whom they were until Jane started feeding her bites from the table. Oh, Yeah...now I remember that one!



Bad Idea....just some of my maintenance things....the prior owners installed "Italian restaurant lights", like rope lighting, on the underside of the handrails on our aft deck, one on each side. The problem was that it's frequently a wet environment and they simply left plugs permanantly in recepticles and also used regular indoor lamp cord switches, which rusted. I had always meant to do something about that, but a few weeks ago when the switches got wet with salt water, they would shock us when we touched them. That got my attention!
Good idea....so I just finished installing two outdoor rated waterproof switchs built into the recepticle and watertight hard epoxy grommets for the wires. This eliminates the open air plug and the switch on the wire. It even rained right after I finished this and got it wet for the picture.

Kathy comes back to Florida tomorrow and then we'll have a couple days here to get the boat ready and we'll head north. I'm itching to get back moving again anyway

No comments: